Monthly Archives: July 2017

Tax Tips for Uber Drivers

Ridesharing has become a popular way to make some extra money, but before you commit to driving for a ride-share company like Uber, Lift or Sidecar, you need to know the tax implications of this type of work! Generally, you’re treated as an independent contractor, not as an employee, which means you’ll receive a Form 1099-MISC, not a Form W-2. The income you earn will be subject to self-employment tax and reported on Sch. C of your income return. Since there’ll be no withholdings from your pay, you’re responsible Continue reading →